Google owned YouTube is the second most trafficked website in the world and its easy to find your favourite music, movies, podcasts, tutorial videos. Sometimes you want to listen music on YouTube in the background while using other apps on your smartphone. As soon as you minimize the YouTube app, the app will stop the video.
You can play YouTube videos in the background by purchasing monthly subscription of YouTube Premium.
How to play YouTube videos in the background without any app?
If you don’t want to purchase YouTube premium and still want to listen music in the background on your Android or iOS for free, here is how you can do this:
How to play YouTube videos in the background on Android
By following this simple method, Android users can play any YouTube video in the background for free. You can play YouTube in the background with the help of Chrome browser or Mozilla Firefox browser. Here’s how you can do it:
- Copy the link of the YouTube video you want to run in the background. You can do it by clicking on Share and then Copy link.
- Open Chrome browser or Mozilla Firefox browser
- Go to Settings on upper-right corner.
- Select Desktop site.
- Paste the YouTube video link in address bar and tap Go.
- Play the video.
- Minimize the window or browser and do your other work on your mobile. As soon as you minimize it, the music may stop.
- Pull down your notification bar. Just hit play icon to restart the music. Now, your music should play in the background.
How To Play YouTube in the Background on iPhone, iPad
Follow this steps to play YouTube videos in the background on iOS for free.
- Copy the link of the YouTube video you want to play in the background.
- Open Safari browser.
- Go to aA icon on the top-left corner. Select Request Desktop Website.
- Paste the video link in the address bar. Tap Search.
- After video starts playing, minimize the browser.
- If the music stops, open Control Centre by swiping down. See the music control box and tap the play button on the music player. Now your favourite music should play in the background.
How To Play YouTube in the Background Using YouTube Premium
With YouTube premium, you can play your favourite music in the background on any device and platform.
YouTube Premium subscription comes with one month free trial for new users. After the free one-month trial, YouTube Premium costs ₹129 per month.
Benefits of the YouTube Premium
Here are some of the benefits of the YouTube Premium:
- You can watch YouTube videos without any ads on any platform.
- Like many other OTT platforms, YouTube Premium too offers original content to its subscribers. Which includes TV shows, standup comedies, movies and documentaries.
- Subscribers can download YouTube videos of their choice on their smartphone.
- Can play music in the background while using other apps.
- With YouTube Premium subscription, you also get access of YouTube Music.
How to Cancel Your YouTube Premium Subscription on a Computer or Mobile Device
To cancel your YouTube Premium subscription on your computer or smartphone, follow this simple guide:
- Open YouTube.com in a web browser or official Android app of YouTube.
- Tap on the profile avatar on the upper-right corner.
- Click on the Paid membership. Click Manage and then Cancel membership.
- Confirm you really want to cancel the membership by clicking on Yes.
How to Cancel Your YouTube Premium Subscription on iPhone
iPhone users can cancel YouTube Premium subscription from the Settings. Here is how you can do it:
- On your iPhone go to Settings.
- Tap on your Apple id profile name.
- Find and tap on Subscription. Click on YouTube Premium subscription.
- On the next screen tap Cancel subscription and Confirm it.
- At the upper-right corner tap Done and save the changes.